In this blog we are going to see few common errors which we encounter while creating an AD Sync Connection in User Profile Service Application (UPA) and possible fix
- Errors:”Unable to process create message” and “Unable to process put message”
- Stop UPSS (User Profile Sync Service)
- Make the following change on the App SharePoint Server
- Click Start –> Run –> GPEdit.msc \ Computer Configuration \ Windows \ Security Settings \ Local policies \ Security Options \ “Network security: LDAP client signing requirements”, set the parameter value on “None”
(by default it will set to ‘Negotiate Signing’, details can be found on ‘Explain’ tab)
- Run “gpupdate /force” without quotes on command prompt
- Restart UPSS
And now you should be able to create the AD Sync connection successfully.
- Error: “MOSS MA not found”
Possible fix: There could be many reasons on why this can come and this can be tricky to fix, in most of cases I usually try the following to fix this error:
- Stop UPSS
- Go to ‘Manage Service Applications’ page, select the User Profile Service Application and click ‘Permissions’ in the ribbon
- If you see the Farm Admin or the Service Account in here, remove and re-add with Full Control
- Once saved, now select ‘Administrators’ in the ribbon and do the same
- Restart UPSS, you should ideally be able to create a new AD Sync connection successfully.
This plan might sound silly, however this has helped me fix many of the cases!